Saturday, November 10, 2012

Module 5: Using new technology and software within the classroom setting!

Before enrolling into Walden's Education Technology Program, I wasn't very familiar with implementing technology devices and software into classroom curriculums.  However, now that I have become more familiar with implementing and using technology and software, I am constantly encouraging my colleagues to think "outside the box" and use technology within their class lessons, activities, and projects.  On the other hand, I have one colleague who refuses to use any technology within her classroom, and at times, it is very difficult for us to collaborate on lessons together.  I have offered to assist her in learning how to create lessons, tasks, and other activities using devices such as "clickers", blogs, wikis, Googledocs, etc., but I have been unsuccessful.  As a result, I developed a Study Guide that incorporated using the “clickers”.  The students were very involved in the activity, and my colleague was impressed as well.  She enjoyed the activity as much as the students did, and she wants to learn how to use more technology within our classroom curriculum.  I am very excited to see that she is more optimistic in implementing other technology devices and software within the classroom.  She is actually planning to teach a lesson using blogs with our students.  KUDOS to my colleague to stepping out of her comfort zone to ensure that our students gain an opportunity to access technology within their learning environment.


I posted comments to the following classmates' blogs:  Segla Kossivi @ http://skossivi.blogspot.com/2012/11/new-technologies-in-classroom-new-york_3880.html#comment-form, and Brandy Hiett @ http://bhiett.wordpress.com/2012/11/03/john-kellers-arcs-motivation-model/#respond.

1 comment:

  1. Shannon,
    As I stated in my blog this week, I too am dealing with a teacher who is hesitant to use the new technologies offered and even mandated by our school district. As you stated, this makes collbaorative planning difficult. I can't wait to see what happens this week when we have to administer a benchmark assessment throught Thinkgate (computerized testing).
    Karen

    ReplyDelete